Thursday 7 May 2015

Accepted into Eve University

My parents would be proud! :)

I'd been running some L2 security missions when I noticed that my name was called for my application interview.

The interview itself was straight forward and relatively short, it was then followed by some admin to get me setup with the correct channels, passwords, forum access and the like, and then that was it - I was a member of the University :)  The members in the general channel were very welcoming.

Since I'd read about EVE Uni and started working my way through their wiki I had decided that I'd like to base myself out in the Solitude region (an island of high security space surrounded by low- and null security space).

The Personnel Officer who interviewed me let me know that their was a campus tour organised for a few days time, and so I joined that fleet until we reached Solitude so I could get here relatively safely.

Travelling in a large fleet was quite the experience, there was a lot to take in (I'm pretty sure that at one point I found myself on the wrong side of a gate in low security space and I spent an anxious 45 seconds holding my cloak hoping no bad guys showed up before the rest of the fleet jumped through - lesson learned though, listen to the FC, dont assume he meant jump).

At each of the campus' we visited we were greeted by the residents and someone gave a run down as to the purpose of the campus, what we could do their etc.  It was all very slick, but the Null Sec Campus welcome was most impressive.

We jumped through the final gate into the Null Sec Campus, but there was no-one waiting for us, until we were suddenly surrounded by bubbles, a bunch of ships decloaked and fired bombs at us!  It turns out the bombs were harmless lock breakers, but I'm sure everyone's adrenaline spiked.

No comments:

Post a Comment