Tuesday 19 May 2015

Oh my, PI

I suck at titles of my blog posts, ah well - for all I know no-one is reading this anyway :)

I located a wormhole linking Solitude to the main high-sec portion of New Eden and brought my alt through with a bunch of minerals so that I could start producing again, plus a bunch of Command Centres so he could start setting up his PI colonies.

I then dithered and fretted about actually entering low sec space to do the work, I can see the appeal of a 2nd account so that I could have eyes in my target system, but that is quite pricey for what will hopefully only be a few minutes each month.

I'd previously zoomed around the target system in my trusty Atron making plenty of bookmarks etc, I then contracted these over to alt#1.  I finally sent in alt#1 to check out the target system and there was no-one in local so I decided to risk it, swapped into a hauler with all of my command centres in it and headed back in...still empty.

I warped to a safe spot at range, aligned to another and started scanning my target planets, then placed the command centre.  Repeat five times and then warped out...all the time I was the only person in the system. \o/

I was then able to build the colonies, start the extractors and route the resources to basic factories and then onto an advanced factory on 4 of the planets.  The 5th planet is just converting from p0 to p1.

Total cost for the setup of all 5 planets is about 20Million isk.  I'm now checking on them every 2-3 days to restart the extractors and the P2 is starting to accumulate nicely.  The launchpad with the p1 on the 5th planet is almost full so I'll have to clonejump alt#1 back to do something about that soon.

Alt#2 has about a week left training and then they'll be able to do something similar in another system - the planets aren't as good for products to p2, but I may potentially set them all up to just extract from p0 to p1.  Alt#2 is destined to stay local to the PI systems as I can't think of another use for them yet.

I'll then take a few days out from my regular training to be able to do 5 planets, with the possibility of having one of them setup as a dedicated factory planet.

Either way, next on the training plans is for all characters to be able to fly an epithal that can do the cloakyMWD trick.

In other news I succumbed and bought 2 Vexors and a Myrmidon !  Apparently trying to do L3s in a Destroyer is not ideal... I did complete it solo, though I did have to warp out multiple times for repairs.  Mission payout more than matched the repair bill (and then some!) but I conceded, that though it was fun, it wasn't particularly safe, nor quick.

My current training plan should let me fly the first Vexor with a decent tank tomorrow, looking forward to see how it handles my missions :)

fly safe,

Zeb

No comments:

Post a Comment