Wednesday 6 May 2015

Sisters of EVE arc

My application to EVE University was likely to take a couple of weeks to process, during this time I took the advice I'd found on the EVE Uni wiki and joined a corporation called Estel Arador. This then allowed me to create some jump clones easily (after training the required skill, naturally).  I created the jump clones at nearby stations, then left that corporation and found myself in a new NPC corporation.

I started the Sisters of EVE arc of missions.  These all seem to be geared towards the newer player, however my low skills were causing me some problems.  I asked about in the public EVE Uni channel (as I needed that open to check if my name was called for interview) and someone gave me a fit for a Tristan (one of the rewards from the career missions) that they said should be able to manage the missions, even with low skills.

I checked the fitting window and saw lots of green ticks! woohoo, I could use everything.  I immediately purchased all of the modules off the market and fitted them to my ship.

Then I checked my wallet balance. uh-oh, one of the modules (a shield extender) had cost me 3.5 million ISK!  If I had not used the buddy invite option to gain substantial starting ISK, that module would have taken a significant (50%!) of my total cash! As it happened I was still loaded, but it did teach me a lesson - I now always check market prices closely before purchasing stuff.

Anyway, the fit was great and I managed to complete the whole of the mission arc in my Tristan except for the final bad guy (Dagan).  Dagan flies a Cruiser (I think?), which is bigger but slower than my Tristan frigate. Once I got close enough he couldn't hit me, but I couldn't get through his armour - I was able to reduce his shields, but when I nibbled away his armour he was easily able to repair it back up again.

Reading through reports of others I came across a blaster fit Catalyst (8 blasters!).  I'd also been given a couple of these from previous missions so I docked up, switched ships, added 8 blasters and some ammo and then headed back out.  A Catalyst is a Destroyer, so a bit bigger than my Tristan, but still smaller than a Cruiser.

This time it went much better...until I ran out of ammo with his armour at about 50%!

Docked up again, loaded lots more ammo and tried for the third time! BOOM! got him.

I renamed my Catalyst 'Dagan Killer' and have it in my hangar near Dagan's mission in case anyone else is having trouble I can come out and help.

I really enjoyed this set of missions, and they were quite lucrative - I made about 8million ISK (so the expensive Tristan fit was definitely worth it), plus modules, ships etc

These missions took me a few days and had me travelling all over the place, working for all 4 empires, all in Hi-Sec space.  If you haven't done these missions, and particularly if you are wondering what to do after your career missions, then go see the Sisters at their station in Arnon.


No comments:

Post a Comment