Tuesday 17 November 2015

15th Movember

So I spent a few days out and about in lowsec FW space without much luck getting into a decent fight.  I'm managing to resist the urge to charge in at any ship that presents itself, unlike during my previous attempt to get some solo PvP in the summer.

The downside is that I spend a lot of time going 'nope, nope, nope,' and moving on.  I'm guessing as my skills and capabilities improve I'll be able to take on more prospective fights.

I'm still flying Liar (from previous post), and finally found a fight I thought I might stand a chance in - normally I wouldn't dream of taking on a Catalyst in an Incursus, as they are likely to be blaster fit, the same as my Incursus, but have massively more firepower and are designed to take out frigates.

However, in this instance the pilot was fairly new so I was hoping he'd be T1 fit and not have great skills, with fingers crossed I piled in.

He quickly shredded my shields once I'd closed in and unleashed my drone.  My armour repper was able to recover most of the damage to begin with, but couldn't really keep up with the incoming damage.  Then I remembered to Overheat my guns(!) as I was in structure, my repper pulled me back into armour briefly before there was a flash and a Boom!

I was pretty sure I'd died, but my repper must have completed it's cycle just in time! I scooped the loot, dropped a "gf" in local and warped out just as a harpy landed almost on top of me.  I thought the Harpy had caught me, pretty sure I saw the scram icon over my ship but my warp drive had already started.

In retrospect I should probably have kept towards the edge of my scram range to let my drone do it's job, though I couldn't have known that the Catalyst didn't have and repair modules nor scram fitted!

Anyway I lived to fight another day and I made another donation to Movember.  I've now matched my previous number of kills, but in half the time.  Hopefully I'll get a bunch more over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment