Monday 9 November 2015

9th Movember

I didn't get into space as much as I'd have liked last week, but I have this week off work as we've got builders in at home. Turns out Monday daytime (EU timezone is a little bit quiet), but I decided to do a bit of ratting on the side whilst looking for a fight. I was in an Incursus renamed to Liar and set off wandering through low sec. I found a Serpentis Clone Soldier Trainer at a belt with a 1 million isk bounty and a tag. Nice start, but not what I was after.

I few systems later I landed at an outgate to see a Nemesis jump in and cloak. The pilot was fairly new so I decided to hang around in system. There was only the two of us. I toured the belts in case he was ratting. nope, and no more clone soldier trainers. Nemesis pilot was still in system, but sensibly enough not showing on dscan.

I decided to fly to the sun and then align to my original outgate. Then I checked my evemail. I really should turn my sound on when I'm not playing in front of the TV next to the missus, however if I read my mail in space, I always make sure I can see my overview and ship status, so I quickly spotted the Nemesis when he decloaked and engaged me with his target painter.

I set a tight orbit and burned the 20-odd Km to his ship, releasing and engaging my drone as I did so. His first salvo took about 1/4 of my shields, but I figured I was too small & fast for his Torpedoes to do much damage. As soon as I got into web & scram range I activated the modules and then turned on my Blasters once I got closer.

It didn't take long. Boom!

I scooped the loot dropped a gf in local. The guy knew my ship was too small, but he'd done 30 jumps without a fight and couldn't resist...I know how that feels! I let him know it was for a good cause (I have details about Movember in my Bio). He's supporting Movember too and wished me well.

I dumped loot in station and carried on. Donation to Movember made.

No comments:

Post a Comment