Tuesday 23 June 2015

a couple more fights

Just a short post about a couple of fights I got into recently

Firstly I went on a short roam around some FW areas, avoided cruisers this time, jumped into a small plex and orbited the button hoping someone would come for a fight.


I lasted a little longer than my previous fight, fumbled with my ancillary armour repairer, managed to loose my Drone on him, thought i was orbiting at 500, but when I checked his distance saw he was at about 28K.

I think I need to avoid Screaming Hayabusa pilots for a while :)

I then went on a longer, meandering roam through lowsec and ended up in Everyshore (?) before docking up for the night.  no fights, did't find any other ships at any celestials, boring.

This morning before work I decided to head back through lowsec to the FW area and my staging system. 

I was running late but found a Condor in a plex.  Myself and 2 other pilots in local.  I decided to warp in with my Atron and see how it went.

Closest I managed to get was 15K, I was able to rep my armour back after each of his volley's landed, but couldn't get close enough to hit him with my blasters.

I pulled range and warped off, chucking in a gf afterwards.  He agreed it was a good fight until I ran off, but seemed to take it good naturedly when I said there was no point hanging around to explode when I couldn't hit him.

I was fairly pleased that I managed my modules ok, I was able to recognise that it was likely to end up with me exploding if I continued and I was able to disengage and escape.

Thinking about it afterwards, if I'd overheated my Web I wonder if I could have burned close enough to him with my MWD, to stop him running so I could get closer to hit with my blasters.

I was also running with a warp disruptor for the longer range, probably may have been better with a scrambler instead (not sure if he was running a MWD or not).

I should also have thought about swapping out ammo to a longer range variant as I was managing to keep my armour repaired OK.

on to the next!


2 comments:

  1. The next step is to start learning your ship types and what their likely setups will be. Unless you landed on top of him you we're never going to catch a Crow. A good place to start is Kelon's Almanac of Solo ships: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ew1SZClY6CZMMlUCEKhKZPOAOlTDYBTV9a8wYl_TOEw/edit?pli=1#slide=id.p3

    ReplyDelete