Monday 8 June 2015

I left EVE Uni!

So, last week I dropped out of University...but don't worry, it's only temporary.

I realised that it would be cheaper in the long run to have two accounts and to move Zebulon's character onto a new account.  This way I can keep Zebulon training and at the same time I can train one of my alt accounts.  And all for less than the cost I have been paying (a plex per month for multi character training).

I'd like to get both PI alts into cloaky haulers (39 days each) plus at least one of them able to fly an Orca (another couple of months training at least).

However, in order to swap a character between accounts they have to be part of a NPC corp (cheaper to transfer Zebulon to the new account than it would be to switch both alts to a new account).

So I left EVE Uni, started a second account via a buddy invite, converted that 30 day trial to a full account with three months training (there was a sale on so only cost £23.99).  The upgrade also gave the new account 1 each of the 4 scanning frigates, a couple of blueprints (yacht & diplomatic shuttle) plus the 2 Mordu's Legion jackets (his & hers).  As an added benefit, by using a buddy key and updating from the trial to a full account, I also received 821 million isk :)

What I hadn't realised was that swapping a character between accounts also requires you to pause training on that character, and once the transfer is initiated neither account can access that character until transfer is complete (about 12 hours).

Ho-hum.  Anyway, that meant that the superfluous character that I had to create on the second account got about 12 hours of basic combat training...I hope she appreciated it as she's not getting any more!

Due to the way WAR! mechanics work, if you drop out of a corporation which is currently embroiled in a war, you can't rejoin that same corporation until you have waited 7 days (I guess to stop people constantly dropping and rejoining corps to get around war targets etc).

All being well I should be back in the Uni in about 3 or 4 days.  Until then I've been on a shopping frenzy (821 million isk does burn a hole in your spacewallet).

I've decided to dip my toe into the murky waters of PvP and so have bought a bunch of ships and fittings (most of which I can't fly for another few days).

However I did take a not particularly well fit Tristan out to lowsec for a while yesterday to see if I could get into a fight.  It was harder than I thought, but when it did eventually happen I partially froze, didn't execute my plan and got blown up.  However it was great fun, my heart was pounding and my opponent offered me words of encouragement.

What I'd planned on doing was trying to keep an opponent at about 15-18Km and let my drones do their thing.  As it was I orbited at about 2k and didn't attempt to take out their single drone until just before I died.

I'll try and remember for next time.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about the freezing it happens the first few times, that's why you buy a few ships and just go for it. You'll make mistakes but so long as you learn from them you'll keep moving forward.
    My first experiences: http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=85821

    Sally

    ReplyDelete