Monday 22 June 2015

Back in the Uni

I put my 7 days outside of the Uni to good effect and went on a spending spree resulting in a hangar full of ships (Algos', Incursus', Atrons and Merlins mainly, with a few Tristans for good measure) with lots of mods and ammo, as well as a jumpclone all installed in a station in Stacmon.

These ships will all die in explosions whilst I attempt to give PvP a go.

I then decided that I should focus on manufacturing etc as that was my initial intention when joining eve, with some combat on the side, rather than combat as the main focus with occasional industry on the side.

I applied for a Industry mentor when I got back into the Uni and started my PI alts training Industry skills.  I also moved their cheap office to a not quite so cheap, but still inexpensive office in a station with a full suite of Industrial facilities.

I traded over all of Zeb's blueprints and resources, as these guys will now be making stuff instead.  I also splurged on some new original blueprints and put out some buy orders for cheap resources.

Both these alts will be in cloaky haulers within a couple of weeks, with decent production & trade skills.  Alt#1 will then continue training for an Orca.

In the meantime I went out for a roam around lowsec FW with a couple of corpies, but we didn't manage to find a fight.

I then went out solo later, managed to avoid obviously experienced characters and didn't hang around in systems filled with guys from the same corp.

Eventually I spotted a cruiser piloted by a new character. Hoping he had a lousy fit I warped to the plex he was in.  The cruiser was there as expected, but piloted by a much more experienced pilot who appears to be PvP focussed. As he was sat at the warpin point (I landed about 3K away) I engaged anyway and lasted about 3 seconds (seriously, I launched my drone, but didn't get time to hit the F key to send him in!).

Lesson learned, don't believe everything you read.  At least I didn't freeze this time, I had a plan and executed it...just wrong opponent.

1 comment: