Wednesday 24 June 2015

My first PvP kill, quickly followed by my first solo PvP kill

Took an incursus out on a small gang roam around some FW areas last night, eventually got into a fight and we scored our first kill in a week long small gang tourney, unfortunately that one kill resulted in all 4 of us dying.

We were doing OK until the confessor turned up, one of the Tristans was this close > < to exploding, honest!

We'll only get better, last longer and put out more damage as we get more practice and in particular as my skills increase.

This morning I decided to get some practice in before work and set out on a short roam.  I soon found a breacher at a small plex, I warped to it and saw the breacher at the gate.  I took the gate and waited to see if he would follow me, he did but I didn't manage to land my web & scram and he pulled range, released his drones and started in with his missiles.

I set my drone onto him, targetted and killed his drones and tried to close distance.  He was maintaining range at 18-21Km.  My Optimal was 6K, falloff at 11K

He killed off my drone, I tried burning away from him then closing distance again but couldn't get close enough to land my web or scram.  I was able to keep repping his damage though by pulsing my repair module...until I ran out of paste. at which point I switched to continuous cycle.  My armour whittled down pretty slowly.

I tried OH my AB to either close distance or get out of scram range...and burnt out my AB.

Then his mate turned up in another breacher and landed 2Km from me.  I switched targets, landed web & scram and OH my guns.

I then noticed my cap was pretty much gone so spent a few cycles of having repairer, web or guns going.

Pretty sure I got the 2nd breacher into hull, but he was able to bring his shields back up. Then the inevitable happened and I warped my pod out.

Definitely a good fight!

lesson learned - bring a mix of ammo so I can vary my range.  more paste - that fight lasted long enough for a reload of the repairer I think.

Anyway, I reshipped and went out again.  this time I found a lone Atron at a large plex.  I warped in at 10 (forgot there isn't a gate for larges), landed 14Km away and burned towards him fully expecting him to warp off.

I landed OH web & scram, set my drone on him and opened up with my guns.  Took off the OH to web & scram once I was close enough.  Everything went straightforward, he didn't even take down my shields.

My first solo kill!

Not a great fight, but I'll take it and a nice way to start the day.

incidentally, I received an evemail from Crake Gaterau (who annihilated me a few days ago in his Stratios that I thought would be piloted by someone with much lower skills).  It was a short note offering encouragement, letting me know he was around for any advice I needed when it comes to PvP and accompanied a 20million isk donation to keep my PvP going.

Much appreciated Crake, I bought some more hulls and modules this morning, they'll all be used in PvP!

No comments:

Post a Comment